Death Guard - Part V - Chaos Decimators

Hey folks, time for another update.

I recently finished kit-bashing two Chaos Decimators for the Death Guard. I've been wanting to include a couple of these since the release of Forge World's Imperial Armour - Index: Forces of Chaos. That being said I am not a HUGE fan of the Forge World model, but more importantly I also wanted something more in keeping with the aesthetic of the new Death Guard releases.

So, with that in mind I have converted these using the Foetid Bloat Drone for the torso and have mounted that on top of the leg assembly of the Adeptus Mechanicus Onager Dunecrawler.

Chaos Decimator Conversion
Front View
I also took the step of trimming away the existing tentacles that were hanging from the front and added some of my own using green stuff and / or poseable wrapped wire from Zinge Industries. Further parts from the Dunecrawler (power pack etc) were added for decoration.

The weapon arms are made from the seismic hammer arms from Ironclad Dreadnoughts with the shoulder trimmed down and a green-stuff shoulder pad added.

Chaos Decimator Conversion
Side View
The mounting points for the gun barrels are made from the flashlight parts from the Astra Militarum tank accessory sprue, with the gun barrels being made from styrene tubing. The guns are fully magnetised to be interchangeable. So far I have produced two sets of Storm Lasers and two sets of Soul-Burner Petards (both pictured above). Sets of Butcher Cannons are currently in the works. I may add some additional power cells / ammo storage to the rear of the  gun arms but I have not decided how to go about this as yet.

Chaos Decimator Conversion
Storm Lasers

Chaos Decimator Conversion
Soul-Burner Petards

Chaos Decimator Conversion
Rear View
So there we are. I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out and will be getting them painted up soon enough.


Comments

  1. I am liking this blog a lot!
    When are you going to update?! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon! Got a lot of stuff at various stages of building/painting

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Death Guard - Part VI - WIP Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought & Predators.