Death Guard - Part I - Chaos Lord

Chaos Space Marine Lord.

So here we go with the inaugural submission from my upcoming Death Guard army, and I thought I'd kick things off with the HQ. More accurately, one of my HQ choices.

Now unusually for me I didn't build this guy with any kind of battlefield role or tactic in mind. I'd recently purchased the wonderfully disgusting Gutrot Spume mini from Games Workshop, and I thought what better basis for conversion into a Chaos Space Marine Lord in service to Nurgle.

As you'll see the conversion is pretty simple, utilising some parts from the Putrid Blightkings set, the volkite pistol from the plastic Tartaros Terminators and an old metal backpack from my bits box along with a plastic nurgle banner.
Death Guard Lord Conversion

Death Guard Lord conversion

Overall I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, especially as in terms of size he's an absolute monster when compared to a normal space marine (that's a 40mm base he's sitting on).

Speaking of bases, I shall be scratch-building all the bases for this army along the lines of a broken down, decaying industrial setting. That being the case I decided to knock together a prototype for my Lord:

Death guard lord conversion

Well that's it for the time being, Next post should be about my squad of fully converted Death Guard terminators.
Cheers.

Comments

  1. Hello, I love this conversion! What parts are those on the base?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the base? it's just styrene tubing and strip of varying sizes, plasticard and some fine mesh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Death Guard - Part VI - WIP Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought & Predators.

Death Guard - Part V - Chaos Decimators